Built-to-order, each and every system is hand-built by Dean @ Computer Peeps. Dean has been a system administrator for consignment and resale stores for nearly a decade. Dean has been working in the consignment industry since 2003. In that time, you learn what doesn’t work (e.g. off-the-shelf door-buster deals from local big-box stores), as well as what ends up being a load of BS (e.g. saying Dell’s on-site hardware replacement will be a godsend, only to find out A) you have to call Dell yourself and prove the hardware has failed, B) wait for Dell to ship the part to the local tech, and C) find out they brought you an empty hard drive, so you’re left on your own to reinstall Windows or recover from a system image you don’t have).
We only utilize a specific set of components that we’ve vetted and field-tested. We know you can’t simply “throw components together” and call it a reliable system. Even “fast” systems can be unreliable, so we take this very seriously and only recommend what we’ve vetted and tested.
It’s Dean’s ass that’s on the line here, along with your business, so we don’t mess around and this is exactly why we hand-build our own systems.
- Intel Core i5 Processor
- 250 GB MyDigital BulletProof SSD or Samsung EVO SSD
- 16 GB Crucial Certified RAM or Timetec RAM
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OEM
- HDMI Monitor Connections
- 14 USB Ports (Four (4) onboard, Ten (10) via powered USB hub)
- Logitech wired keyboard and mouse
- 20″ LED LCD HD Display w/ VESA Mount + MiniPeep Mounting Bracket (Mount your MiniPeep to your screen or under your counter!)
- Peeps’ 3-hour Configuration Protocol
- Separate non-admin account for day-to-day use
- Windows hardening via Group Policy + additional Windows services/features disable to prevent leakage
- Peeps’ aesthetic adjustments — yes, pruning icons and cleaning-up the crappy out-of-box Windows layout not only makes for a cleaner-looking system, it actually makes the system less confusing and less annoying to end-users.
- 1 Year Peeps’ Replacement Warranty
- 1 Year of Disk Health Monitoring w/ Email Alerts
- If you’re on Peeps’ Support, we replace your computer regardless