Converting from Consignment Ease or Consignment Success (a.k.a. BCS/Best Consignment Software) to Peeps’ Software. We’re proud to be the only consignment or resale software on the market, that has an official conversion for stores switching from Consignment Ease or Consignment Success.
Consignment Ease/Success/BCS (not to be confused with BCSS/Best Consignment Shop Software), are for all intents and purposes, the same software. Consignment Success is the ‘main’/big program, which was originally BCS/Best Consignment Software. Consignment Ease is the ‘little brother’ to Consignment Success and just has a limited set of features. Fundamentally, the database structure and underlying design, are the same.
Peeps’ Consignment Ease/Success Data Conversion
Peeps’ Consignment Ease/Success Data Conversion converts your accounts and available inventory over to Peeps’ Software:
Why Do Stores Convert from Consignment Ease/Success?
The primary reason is, the company is out of business and the software is no longer in development. The company who originally developed Consignment Ease/Success, was known as CCE. The first iteration of the program was actually named BCS (Best Consignment Software, not to be confused with BCSS/Best Consignment Shop Software).
In addition to the company no longer being in business and the programs no longer being in development, the programs suffered long-standing issues due to a variety of factors:
- .DBF (.dBase) data file, which experienced issues from sorting, to corruption, to lack of performance.
- The programs are not designed to be ran in a network (i.e. multi-computer) environment.
- The programs had basic ‘form validation’/input sanitization issues — e.g. they’d allow incorrect things to be entered into text fields, prices, etc., resulting in data corruption.
While the programs were relatively easy to use and were actually better than programs like ConsignPro in many regards, they lacked a lot of features and ultimately could not compete. CCE was started by Bill and later bought by Tammy, who really did try her best to inject resources into the programs’ development, but was unable to improve the programs. In our first year in business, The Computer Peeps actually took over the technical support department, as well as development management, doing our best to help storeowners who were using those programs.
What Data Do You Convert from Consignment Ease/Success to Peeps’ Software?
We are extremely well-versed in both the technical aspects of handling/converting data, as well the logistics of how your store goes from one system to another. We convert your pertinent data, including:
- Consignor Accounts — Name, Address, Phone #, Email, etc.
- Available Inventory — The Item #, Category, Description, Price, Split, etc.
You can scan your existing Consignment Ease/Success tags in to Peeps’ Software too, so no re-tagging!
How Does the Conversion Process Work?
First and foremost, converting from any consignment or resale software is a serious decision, not to be taken lightly. We have converted thousands of stores over the years, to/from every consignment software system on the market. We’ve seen the issues stores run into, trying to convert on Sunday and open on Monday. We’ve learned a LOT from our experience and we are the only consignment software provider on the market that has direct experience working with every single consignment software program on the market.
Consignment software vendors are eager to sell you their software, but they’re no so eager to guide you through every portion of the process and ensure you are 100% ready to convert, come time to do so. The stores that have tried this and have encountered issues, call The Computer Peeps to get things back on track. So it’s a process we take very seriously and we know every portion of the process, to help ensure you and your employees experience a smooth transition.
- First, we install Peeps’ Software on at least one computer at your store, so you can have it at your fingertips to start kickin’ the tires.
- Next, after at least one to two weeks of working with Peeps’ Consignment Software, we install Peeps on your other stations and make sure employees start seriously entering accounts, items, ringing-up sales, etc. This is the most important part — i.e. everyone getting true, one-on-one time with the software, going through each of the core processes they handle on a daily basis.
- Last, we do at least one test conversion, so you can see your Consignment Ease/Success data in Peeps’ Consignment Software and practice before the big day!
Do You Provide Support and Training?
Yes. We know both Consignment Ease and Consignment Success inside and out. We know every portion of, “This is how you did it in Consignment Success, this is how you do it in Peeps!” We’ve been helping storeowners with both programs for 10+ years and we know how to make the transition as seamless as possible for you.
You’ll receive 60 days of Peeps’ Software Support and you’ll have a full 60 day trial, so you can truly, truly run Peeps’ Software in your store, before purchasing. We’re not interested in simply selling our software — we’re interested in solving your store’s issues and making the tasks you do day in and day out, easier.
Do You Have A Consignor Login System So Consignors Can Check Their Accounts?
Yes we do! Peeps’ Consignor Login service is included at no additional charge, for stores on Peeps’ Support. We also include a full 30 day trial of this service when you convert to Peeps!